In times of crisis, it is essential to have level-headed management to keep everything under control. When an IT security incident occurs, prompt and expert resolution is required to mitigate the risks and maintain customer confidence.
A company’s leadership may be busy dealing with the stakeholders in those times. That is when a SOC (security operations center) service provider or managed SOC service provider needs to be present.
A SOC comprises people and technology to enhance and maintain the security posture of small and medium businesses (SMBs) and decides the course of action regarding a security event.
24-7 SOC Services: Your IT Guardian
Managed SOC service providers truly act as guardians for SMBs and protect them from various detrimental factors in their growth process.
Let’s look at those factors one by one.
- Protect from cyber threats – SOC services are made for this very purpose. They gather information from all networks and devices and chart out the best scheme to prevent the business from getting hit by cyber-attacks.
- Protect from higher expenses – Assigning your company’s security to a professional security service provider results in drastic savings on your business capital expenditure.
- Protect from mediocre security – A managed security service provider (MSSP) only takes in the cream of IT security analysts and experts. This ensures that clients only get services par excellence.
- Protect from messy management – Having multiple security departments within the company leads to commotion and loss of efficiency. A SOC gives a one-stop solution to all matters related to IT security, eliminating multiple points of contact.
- Protect from rigid team limitations – An in-house team cannot be expanded or reduced without significant time and resource inputs. SOC firms provide immense flexibility and allow you to scale your business while they take care of the staff required for IT security.
- Protect from constant stress – Knowing that a dedicated team of professionals is looking out for your business’s data security 24-7 gives you peace of mind and lets you focus better on your work.
Security Offerings by a Managed SOC Service Provider
We saw what MSSPs protect businesses from. Now, let us look at the mechanisms they use to make that happen.
- SIEM – An overarching approach towards IT security, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) involves next-generation detection, analysis, and response towards security incidents to help establish a zero-trust network.
- Cloud security – This entails the protection of a firm business cloud network using measures such as firewalls, private networks, etc., against online threats and data breaches.
- EDR – Endpoint detection and response keeps customer data and devices safe from being attacked by malware, viruses, phishing attacks, etc.
- Compliance – This approach helps businesses follow industry regulations to establish customer trust and prevent possible lawsuits against the organization.
In a world where more than 40 percent of all cyber-attacks are directed towards SMBs, getting professional security solutions from MSSPs proves invaluable.
Single Point of Contact stays on top of everything related to cybersecurity and data protection. We are more than just an IT Service Provider. We have a SOC in place that will take swift and thorough action to ensure your business is protected around the clock and to solve any security threats when they occur. Constant monitoring of any network is a requirement nowadays, and we are pleased to provide the most comprehensive security solution to our clients. To learn more about how we can help protect your business from cyber-attacks, contact us today.