Cloud computing has gained a lot of traction in the last few years. The coronavirus pandemic accelerated its adoption for almost every type of business. More and more businesses went digital to avoid closure.
The majority of these were small companies. They made extensive use of cloud technologies to keep their business thriving. However, this resulted in major problems such as
- Malware attacks
- Network vulnerabilities
- Unauthorized access from company accounts
The more businesses incorporated cloud networks in their working strategy, the more cybercriminals tried to hack and damage company networks. As a result, cybersecurity risks reached an all-time high.
When this happened, there came a need for stricter, up-to-date and more comprehensive security measures. Large enterprises can pool their resources in R&D and come up with working solutions. But what about small businesses?
Cloud security for small businesses
Startups, small and medium-sized businesses often do not possess the required resources and infrastructure to expand their business ventures. Cloud services come as a viable option that is available at reasonable prices.
However, small businesses often overlook their IT security to focus on revenue-generating measures. But this can be remediated with the help of managed service providers that offer cloud security.
Managed service providers (MSPs) have teams of professionals who are leading experts in their field of specialization. They offer affordable cloud security services that can benefit small and medium-sized businesses.
Some of the salient features that MSPs provide in their cloud security services are:
- Internal and external threats – While many hackers are trying to access a business’s cloud network from the outside, internal threats are also trying to inflict harm to the company’s IT network.
An MSP helps keep track of all cloud activity to prevent the misuse of the cloud network applications.
- 24-7 monitoring and analysis – MSPs monitor the cloud network all the time to spot any vulnerabilities that may lead to future technical issues. All corporate files, software and applications are continuously scanned to keep the cloud service running smoothly.
- Economical cloud security posture management – With the evolving dynamics of the organization, there is a constant need to address new threats which can steal away sensitive corporate data. MSPs provide next-generation cloud security with their proprietary software and tools.
- Quick diagnostics and resolution – Despite the best-in-class security measures, there is always a chance of cyber-attacks damaging your business networks. In those situations, on-the-spot issue remediation is required. A team of professionals, courtesy of your MSP, is always ready for the task, delivering long-lasting solutions.
MSPs help simplify your cloud computing infrastructure while ensuring the highest level of security round the clock. They offer protection to small businesses which may have a poorly configured cloud security network.
Small businesses that outsource their cloud security to MSPs are safeguarded from phishing attacks, ransomware attacks and brute force hacking attempts.
Single Point of Contact stays on top of everything related to cybersecurity and data protection. We are more than just an IT Service Provider. We have a SOC in place that will take swift and thorough action to ensure your business is protected around the clock and to solve any security threats when they occur. Constant monitoring of any network is a requirement nowadays, and we are pleased to provide the most comprehensive security solution to our clients. To learn more about how we can help protect your business from cyber-attacks, contact us today.