You’ve likely heard of both outsourcing and managed services and perhaps lumped them together. They are similar in concept. Both service varieties involve lending important service needs to companies outside of your own business. However, there are some clear differences between both that are worth noting if you’re considering whether to use either option. Interested in learning more? Read on to learn just where the line is drawn and what they can offer your business.
So What Is the Difference Between These Services?
Outsourcing involves similar functions as an MSP but transfers every possible IT-related need to that specific company. Outsourcing companies then will provide your business with one of their staff members who will then be a messenger for both ends of the relationship, relaying communications between the outsourcing company and your business.
A managed service provider is a little more specialized. Companies hire a managed service provider to take care of certain IT operations the business cannot handle independently. They then work hand-in-hand with the business’s existing IT expert to keep the company’s tech system running smoothly. This service can be carried out either through telecommunication between the provider and client, by sending out workers on request or by keeping a staff member from the managed service provider at the business to lend assistance as needed.
What Can Either of These Services Offer My Businesses?
It truly depends on what you’re looking for and what your company’s needs are with respect to your daily technological usage. To help you come to the best decision, we will outline some of the key benefits of hiring managed network services, whether through a managed service provider or an outsourced company.
- You have more options. When you sign up for an MSP or outsourcing service, you can ultimately pick and choose what you want them to do for you.
- MSPs and outsourcing services are cost-efficient. Both of these services usually involve a subscription-style payment plan, where you pay a specific, set price every month. This means you can adjust your budget accordingly and expect few surprises from month to month.
- You’ll be able to work with experienced technicians. These technicians have worked with a wide variety of clients with an equally large number of needs. This means they have seen almost every possible problem you may encounter and will know how to solve it. They will also keep track of industry news and apply it to your system to keep things up to speed.
- Outsourced businesses and MSPs will protect you. Both types of companies come with monitoring services and will solve any problems they find at the first sign of trouble. This means your daily operations won’t suffer.
- You’ll be constantly prepared and in the loop. Out-of-date equipment risks productivity. However, a managed IT solution will keep track of the software and equipment you use as it develops and inform you of when you should consider switching to newer versions.
As you can see, both of these managed IT services are equally beneficial. It is the extent of their services that matter. To find out more about what these services can do for you, contact us!