Employ the right strategy to protect Your Information Online
Information technology security is an essential when all the business information stands online. It is critical that you take the necessary steps that exists to protect all the information that is available online and is open to attacks. Hackers may steal the vital information and put them to wrong use if preventive measures are not administered. It is very agreeable that no system stands as a foolproof system. If the hacker or the virus is strong enough it can definitely break through the single layer of protection that you created, hence, you need a solid and more rigid plan to combat these break-ins. Here are 5 cyber security practices that businesses and IT firms swear by to protect the confidential information available in the cyberspace.
- Use firewall and Document all the cybersecurity policies – The first line of defense is initiated with a firewall. It is recommended that all business irrespective of the size must set up a firewall as a barrier between the data and the cybercriminals. Internal firewall for an added protective layer is recommended to use. It is ideal and important for the employees to understand that when working from home their home network must also have a firewall installed. Ditching the word of mouth and intuitional knowledge is also a must. Cybersecurity is one arena where you must document the protocols very well. There are online trainings available with checklists and all the important information laid out for you to help you better protect the online business. You must have all the cybersecurity policies and practices well documented.
- Path for the mobile devices – Businesses allow BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), it makes it essential to document a clear BYOD policy to ensure that all the security precautions are handled well by the staff members. The rise in popularity and usage of smart devices, like smart watches, fitness trackers, and various other wearable capability, it becomes essential that you devise a specific security policy for these. Employees must be educated and trained well to help maintain the cybersecurity practices. It is important to offer regular updates on the newly introduced protocols, making them sign confidential security document, and training them well to take the right security measure in times of trouble.
- Safe Password practice with multifactor identification – Employees find that changing the password can be trouble. In today’s world of BYOD, it is important that all the employee devices access the company’s network. An employee can commit a security mistake which can cost adversely to your business.
- Keep updating your backup regularly – While it is very important that you prevent attacks, it is also highly likely that you suffer a breach irrespective of all the safety. Backing up electronic spreadsheets, financial files, databases, backing up the word processing documents, and accounts receivable file. Ensure that you have all the data backed up to the cloud, ideally a separate location in case of fire or a flood.
- Install the best anti-malware software – it’s very possible that the employees are well aware of phishing emails. Since the phishing attacks are very dangerous and a careless employee can accidentally install malware on the employees’ computer. It is crucial for anti-malware software to be installed on all devices. Special training might be required to help you through this all.
Security is an inevitable choice when it comes to protecting your business. The cyber criminals are looking for ways to breach your confidential data, it is important that you get in touch with an expert who can help you with protecting your information.
At Single Point of Contact, we strive to be an extension of your business so your customers always receive the quality service they have come to expect. Whether they need additional 24/7 computer support or have a new client that needs new support you aren’t equipped to handle at this time, we can help you out. Feel free to contact us at any time to schedule a consultation to go over all of your important needs.