Businesses are moving on to multi-cloud solutions to manage a large amount of business data and apps effectively. With so many things to manage simultaneously, small and medium businesses (SMBs) are turning to managed IT service providers.
According to market research by Lenovo and Benori Knowledge Solutions, the global managed IT services market is estimated to grow at 8.1 percent CAGR during 2020-25. This presents a strong case for SMBs to adopt managed IT services for their company operations.
Remote Working Culture
The COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc worldwide, but it also gave rise to new work modes such as work from home and hybrid working environments. This new status quo required a different approach to IT management. This brought the managed service providers (MSPs) under greater focus.
Agencies offering managed IT services showed companies the way to greater efficiency levels even in times of remote working.
The Benefits and Risks of Remote Work
Today, businesses are operating with the help of personal or work-issued devices from every location imaginable (seriously, every location!). While remote work offers
- Business continuity
it also results in
- Increased vulnerabilities
- More distractions
- Lack of focus
- Possibility of incoherent information
MSPs help enhance the benefits and eliminate the risks of the remote working environment by providing services that cater to the business needs with a 360-degree approach. Let’s take a look at the main offerings under managed IT services.
- Help desk support – MSPs hire experienced IT professionals to resolve L1, L2, and L3 customer issues with ease. Effective remediation of customer issues leads to a high level of customer satisfaction and builds brand loyalty.
- SOC service – Managed Security Service Providers strengthen your security posture through their security operations center (SOC) services which is a complete suite of IT cybersecurity solutions for business networks.
- Network and server support – Prevent disruptions and downtime from affecting your company’s bottom line by having an MSP perform proactive monitoring and maintenance on the network and servers.
- Disaster recovery and backup – MSPs can save your organization’s data even in times of crisis by building redundancies in your IT architecture to store confidential and critical business data that can be retrieved later in case of a mishap.
- Cloud services – With remote work becoming the new normal, cloud solutions for businesses are taking center stage. From collaboration to storage and security, managed IT firms offer expert cloud solutions.
Single Point of Contact is one of the largest comprehensive Managed IT Service Providers in North America. Founded in 1999, we have a proactive approach to information technology (IT) solutions and security services, which gives our clients the freedom to focus on their business instead of worrying about their network and protecting their data. We’re qualified to assist with all phases of IT management, security, cloud solutions, procurement services and complex projects. To learn more about how our services can benefit your organization, don’t hesitate to contact us today.