How many of us are confident about leaving our house doors unlocked while leaving? None of us, right? Why is that? It’s probably the fear of thieves snooping around to find whatever valuables they can find and disappear with them.
A similar approach needs to be applied to a business’s IT infrastructure. Leaving loopholes for cybercriminals to exploit is like deliberately standing in the middle of the road, waiting for the bus to run you over.
Businesses Need SOC Services
Security operations center (SOC) services are the need of the hour in these troubling times of rising cyber-attacks. But what role does a SOC play?
SOC is what keeps your business running smoothly and what grants you peace of mind. It is the central department that takes care of all things related to IT security.
SOC services are delivered by those companies that take the IT security outsourcing projects from businesses.
Why Should Businesses Outsource IT Security?
‘The safest hands are one’s own is relevant but only for large enterprises that employ numerous teams of security experts. Small businesses don’t have the luxury until they work together with a managed security service provider.
Let’s take a look at how a managed security service partner becomes the most dependable part of a small business.
- Ever-present – An internal security team is on vigilance 24-7. They don’t leave your IT network unattended even for a minute since disaster can strike anytime.
- Proactive – Managed security service providers are more of threat hunters. They deal with security threats as they happen, but their main focus is to prevent any cyber threat from being successful.
- Flexible and scalable – A managed security service firm allows for immense flexibility in its staff strength. They reduce or increase their team size as per your business requirement to give the best value possible.
- Streamlines operations – IT security consists of many domains such as threat assessment, endpoint detection, compliance, etc. A managed security service company brings it all under one roof for enhanced communication and efficiency.
- Budget savers – Saving money is one of the most distinguishing features of outsourcing. Managed security service firms provide prime security services at inexpensive costs with no reduction in quality.
What are the main security solutions that provide these benefits?
Primary Features of SOC Services
Here are the top solutions that a security partner furnishes:
- Endpoint detection and response – This is also called EDR and involves protecting all types of devices on a network against cyber-attacks.
- SIEM – Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) is a holistic approach towards IT security involving identification, analysis, and response to security incidents.
- Compliance – Keeping business operations aligned with the latest industry regulations is one of the critical duties of a managed security service provider.
- Cloud security – Securing multiple devices on the ever-expanding cloud network requires modern innovative security tools for the cloud.
Outsourcing your security is a long-term strategy with clear and effective results.
Single Point of Contact stays on top of everything related to cybersecurity and data protection. We are more than just an IT Service Provider. We have a SOC in place that will take swift and thorough action to ensure your business is protected around the clock and to solve any security threats when they occur. Constant monitoring of any network is a requirement nowadays, and we are pleased to provide the most comprehensive security solution to our clients. To learn more about how we can help protect your business from cyber-attacks, contact us today.