Every day, there is a rise in the number of cyber-attacks on IT businesses. The threat volume and complexity of cyber threats have seen a manifold increase, with the past year witnessing almost a 300% jump in reported cybercrimes as per the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). Cybercriminals are shifting to sophisticated techniques that enable them to go after high-value targets and avoid detection.
Effective IT Risk Mitigation
This can be countered with the help of white label SOC services. In today’s blog, we’ll read about the top seven risk mitigation strategies that white label SOC services can offer your IT business.
Let’s go through them in detail.
- Risk assessment – Conducting a cybersecurity risk assessment is the first step in mitigating risk for your client’s IT infrastructure. This will help you uncover potential vulnerabilities in your cybersecurity posture and point to the areas in your client’s IT business’s network that hackers could exploit.
- Network access levels – Establishing network access controls after a risk audit will help you avoid insider threats. Reputed white label SOC firms recommend that businesses move to security systems like zero trust that assigns user access privileges based on the job function. This minimizes the impact of threats due to employee negligence.
- Firewalls, anti-malware, and endpoint detection software(EDR) – One of the most critical risk mitigation strategies for IT networks is the implementation of firewalls and endpoint detection and response software. Firewalls can help protect your client’s network from common cyber threats, while EDR software can safeguard your client’s business from intricate and undetectable malicious threats.
- Regular patch release and application – Today’s cybercriminals have become smarter than ever. They not only look for the vulnerabilities currently present in an IT architecture but also seek ways to exploit the patches you release to fix those network weaknesses. Your company should release and implement the security patches as per a schedule and in a protected environment.
- Monitoring network traffic – A white label SOC firm is proactive in its approach to secure your client’s IT network. The only way to stay ahead of cybercriminals is to monitor your client’s IT network with the help of a SOC team that can actively identify new threats and determine the ideal remediation for any security incident.
- Incident response plan – Despite your best efforts, there is a possibility that a data breach will hit your flourishing IT business. In those situations, it is highly crucial to have a well-defined action plan that defines everyone’s responsibilities. A response plan will help your business recover from the incident quickly with minimal losses.
- Cybersecurity training – Security protocols and technologies can only keep your client’s business safe to an extent. One of the most vulnerable assets of your business is your staff. Training your employees on the key cybersecurity practices to follow along with the real-time application of those skills can keep your client’s safe from several threats.
IT risk mitigation is a never-ending process, and small and medium-sized IT businesses must ensure that it is an indispensable part of their day-to-day work to keep their dynamic IT environments protected.
Single Point of Contact is a White Label Managed Security Service Provider that provides a wide range of cybersecurity technologies and services. Our job is to keep your clients’ networks safe and secure by resolving potential security threats. With regular security monitoring and protection against cyber-attacks, we seek to help your clients attain peace of mind. Contact us today to discover more about how we can help protect your network from cyber-attacks.