A new industry is on the rise in today’s world, giving incredible remuneration to those employed – cybercrime. Hackers and malicious entities see this as the most lucrative opportunity with the highest returns. Information obtained from business databases can be sold on the dark web to the highest bidder. Companies must have a solid cybersecurity infrastructure in place to prevent that from happening.
In this article, we’ll see why businesses need a Managed Security Service Provider and how they can help companies protect themselves against even the most complex cyber threats.
The Answers to Why
The level of cybercrime has highlighted the need for cybersecurity, especially cybersecurity. However, they may be skeptical about opting for it since it involves handing over the responsibility of your IT security to someone else.
Here are some reasons which will alleviate your concerns and convince you to partner up with a managed security service provider (MSSP):
- Specialists at your service – To counter cybercriminals’ rising expertise and augmented resources, you need a cybersecurity team that always keeps you one step ahead of them. MSSP professionals apply their extensive industry experience to build a robust cybersecurity wall for your business to prevent hackers from entering.
- No security silos – If you have outsourced one part of your IT security to one service provider and another part to a second one, chances are that their security practices will clash, and one will perceive the other’s security measures as threats. Letting one MSSP handle all areas of IT security can provide businesses with a fully integrated cybersecurity service package.
- A Dedicated SOC – The Security Operations Center (SOC) is perhaps the most vital part of any cybersecurity infrastructure. The SOC comprises analysts and professionals who can deal with security incidents when they happen. The SOC takes care of security issues 24-7 with quick and effective security resolution within the stipulated company budget.
- Proactive approach – MSSPs apply a preventive approach to the business’s IT security, rather than the break/fix model, using advanced cybersecurity techniques to stop any data breaches from ever happening. This prevents the company from dealing with losses after a security incident.
Some Advanced Cybersecurity Techniques
Let’s take a look at some of the contemporary methods that MSSPs adopt to protect businesses:
- Threat hunting – It involves actively looking for security threats that may have crept into the network and rooting them out to prevent significant damage.
- Risk assessments – This approach involves identifying various assets that could be affected by a cyber-attack, such as hardware, customer data, etc., to determine areas that need enhanced security.
- SIEM – security information and event management (SIEM) is used to monitor, pinpoint and respond to security incidents in real-time using information gathered from all network resources.
- Endpoint detection and response – Also referred to as endpoint detection and threat response, this method constantly monitors the devices of all end-users on a network and responds to cyber threats such as malware and ransomware.
These are the primary ways that MSSPs safeguard organizations from today’s complex and intricate cyber threats.
Single Point of Contact is a Managed Security Service Provider that provides a wide range of cybersecurity technologies and services. Our job is to keep our clients’ networks safe and secure by resolving potential security threats. With regular security monitoring and protection against cyber-attacks, we seek to help our clients attain peace of mind. Contact us today to discover more about how we can help protect your network from cyber-attacks.