How businesses can stay competitive is a big question that is puzzling many business owners right now. With the dwindling global economy and hassle-free access to E-Commerce, many small scale companies are competing with large scale companies. The challenges for all companies are however the same, budgets are shrinking, operational efficiencies are improving, capitalization is rapidly causing a stir in the changing technology field. MSP’s can help businesses tackle these issues while ensuring they are one step ahead of the competition.
There are four key areas that need focus as well as management to maintain competitive advantage:
- They must keep data secure
- They must manage the complexity of their technology
- Stay ahead of threats and outages
- A predictable and manageable cost
When you have a strong IT partner, it is possible to have a well-managed and maintained environment without going Overboard with the set budget.
What are managed services and how are they beneficial for business?
Managed IT services are Inclusive of outsourcing some or all of the IT requirements to an MSP. Using an MSP gives the company peace of mind that their IT requirements is being looked after. From solving user issues to updating systems as well as managing the ongoing proactive monitoring, managed IT services handle all this and more. A good MSP will employ its experts to help a company stay on top of their game. From IT security to monitoring the ongoing health of all the systems and networks, a good MSP will handle it all.
Most MSP’s extend bespoke service, they give the chance to the client to choose the services required by them. Some businesses may opt to outsource all their IT requirements. This opportunity gives the MSP the chance to become their virtual IT Department, while others may choose to only engage on a user support level. Each company will have its preference when it comes to choosing the services, budget, resources, add infrastructure.
How exactly can an MSP help save cost?
- Expertise – An MSP enables the business to employ and work with emerging technologies at a fractional cost.
- Road Map– A good IT service provider will propose a road map that takes into account fact-finding from the key business stakeholders.
- Proactive Maintenance– Unplanned system outages can be minimized by scheduling maintenance on networks, regular updates, quick fixes to any errors. A proactive approach would save both money and time otherwise spent finding faults and fixing them. MSPs call the counterproductive method, Break-Fix, a fireman type of model.
- Better Productivity– An MSP offers an experienced staff that can harness technology and delivers better-operating efficiencies. This helps build the customer base and in turn prove profitable for the business.
In a nutshell, the managed services offer businesses a competitive edge by the following means:
- 24/7 support
- Instant access to an experienced team
- Quick recovery from the crisis
- Reduced IT risk
- Save money and reduce IT running costs
- Greater scalability and flexibility
- Compliance and security with better efficiency
Managed Service Providers can improve business efficiency by ensuring they work well with an experienced team to back them up.
Single Point of Contact is one of the largest comprehensive Managed Security Service Providers in North America. Founded in 1999, we have a proactive approach to information technology (IT) solutions and security services, which gives our clients the freedom to focus on their business instead of worrying about their network and protecting their data. We’re qualified to assist with all phases of IT management, security/compliance monitoring, cloud solutions, procurement services, and complex projects. To learn more about how our services can benefit your organization, don’t hesitate to contact us any time.