The nexus of any network is the most critical asset for any business. Like optical fiber cables combine at a hub, there is a similar place, albeit a virtual one, for network resources. This nexus is called an Active Directory, offered by Microsoft. It is a database and group of services that act as a medium between users and the network resources they need. But this hub means something else to some people.
Hackers consider the Active Directory (AD) as a treasure trove of information. They make consistent attempts to sabotage it to magnify their network privileges and increase their level of network access. An excellent white label cybersecurity firm is what you need to protect your clients AD if you’re a small or medium-sized IT business owner.
Tips for Securing Your AD Adopted by White Label Cybersecurity Firms
According to Microsoft, more than 95 million AD accounts are attacked daily. If the AD were to be used by a closed group of people, securing it would have been easy. However, it should be easily accessible to every user in the company. This complicates things for an organization’s IT security team.
This is where white label cybersecurity companies come in. They have a few tools and techniques that they implement to shield the AD against the most used attack tactics by cybercriminals while maintaining user accessibility. Here are the top five methods they use:
- Identify and stave off enumeration of privileged and network sessions – Attackers look for potential high-value targets like the AD after breaching your outer security defenses. White label cybersecurity professionals employ tools that alert them if enumerations of privileges, service accounts, and delegated admins are detected during an attack. They establish duplicitous domain accounts to mislead attackers into engaging.
- Determine recent modifications to default domain policy – Organizations use separate domain policies to manage different operational configurations within AD. Malicious actors can modify these policies to enable greater access to the network. IT security professionals of a white label firm can monitor these policy changes 24-7 to spot any hackers swiftly before they can do severe damage by acquiring privileged access.
- Identify and thwart ‘Golden Ticket’ and ‘Silver Ticket’ attacks – Malicious entities use pass-the-ticket (PTT) attacks like ‘Golden Ticket’ and ‘Silver Ticket’ attacks as one of the most severe techniques to move laterally through a business network and escalate their network privileges. Security experts of a white label firm detect vulnerable computer service accounts and generate alerts if a misconfiguration is encountered that could lead to a PTT attack.
- Avert harvesting of user credentials from domain shares – Domain shares like Netlogon and Sysvol store plaintext or reversible passwords that cybercriminals can target. Cybersecurity mechanisms like implementing deceptive objects in the production AD can misdirect attackers, protecting your production property.
- Detect and rectify exposure of privileged accounts – Users often save their credentials on their workstations for convenience. However, cybercriminals can use those stored credentials to gain advanced network access. White label cybersecurity measures detect privileged account exposures, remove saved user credentials, and fix other vulnerabilities.
Single Point of Contact is a White Label Managed Security Service Provider that provides a wide range of cybersecurity technologies and services. Our job is to keep your clients’ networks safe and secure by resolving potential security threats. With regular security monitoring and protection against cyber-attacks, we seek to help your clients attain peace of mind. Contact us today to discover more about how we can help protect your network from cyber-attacks.