Any new technology isn’t adopted by enterprises unless it offers a value greater than the investment. However, cloud computing proved its mettle quickly, and IT businesses latched onto every opportunity they could find to leverage the avant-garde technology. White label managed services providers (MSPs) were at the forefront of the adoption and rendered their services to many IT organizations that were looking to leave their competition in the dust.
The ability to plug your IT firm’s systems into a cloud network and operating without any physical infrastructure seemed too good an opportunity to pass up. According to a report by Cloudwards for 2023, 97 percent of all enterprises use cloud computing in some form, and 48 percent of businesses keep their business-critical data on the cloud.
Why is Cloud Technology So Revolutionary for IT Businesses?
The internet boom and explosion of digital devices meant that IT companies needed an architecture that will be able to handle the expanding client requirements. A solution was needed that will offer top-notch services while simultaneously maintaining the capability to scale on demand.
Cloud technology proves to be a game-changer for IT business operations. It provided firms with the following advantages on an unprecedented scale:
- Eliminating capex – With cloud solutions, IT businesses no longer need to spend on capital expenses like purchasing, deploying and maintaining IT equipment like servers and other associated costs. This Capex gets transferred to Opex, and you save on significant upfront and ongoing costs.
- Scalability and elasticity – Scalability is one of the most important factors when it comes to small IT businesses looking to expand their market presence. With cloud computing, organizations can easily scale data storage capacity and network and processing capabilities. Also, cloud elasticity allows the system to change dynamically as per changing workloads.
- Automated updates and compliance – Courtesy of cloud technology, the IT network is automatically updated to protect against the latest cyber threats and enhance efficiency. Additionally, cloud service providers ensure that businesses cloud operations are always adhering to the requisite regulatory compliance standards such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, NIST, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and more.
Types of Cloud Services IT Firms Can Leverage
Cloud computing arrived on the scene and answered the prayers of struggling small IT firms. They are offered in three types in which white label managed service providers have special expertise:
- SaaS – Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) enables organizations to use cloud-based applications over an internet connection. The hosting and management of the software are handled by the cloud service provider.
- IaaS – Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is ideal for organizations that want to outsource their fundamental infrastructure. You can then leverage a pay-as-you-go approach. Utilizing this option, IT firms can avail of services offered by cloud services providers like networking, data storage and computing.
- PaaS – Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is a complete suite of services offered to IT organizations, including infrastructure, software and hardware, without investing in any on-site equipment or services. PaaS allows companies to develop, run and manage applications through a centralized platform.
Hop on to the Cloud to Get Out of Your Competitors’ Reach
Clients of today are looking for agile IT firms to deliver on their evolving IT requirements successfully. Cloud services can provide your IT firm with essential agility, and white label MSPs can assist in drawing out your business’s maximum potential using the available cloud technology options.
Single Point of Contact is one of the largest comprehensive White Label Managed IT Service Providers in North America. Founded in 1999, we have a proactive approach to information technology (IT) solutions and security services, which gives our clients the freedom to focus on their business instead of worrying about their clients’ networks. We’re qualified to assist with all phases of IT management, security, cloud solutions, procurement services, and complex projects. To learn more about how our services can benefit your IT organization, don’t hesitate to contact us today.