Networking is the soul of any business. Business expansion takes place only when its network remains secure and functions glitch-free. Continuous monitoring of the business network is required to keep it running smoothly.
However, a company, especially a small one or a startup, may not have the required resources to monitor its networks all the time. But a network crisis can occur at any time.
Managed security service providers (MSSPs), can solve this challenge. Their personalized, professional services can prevent outages that may severely impact your business network and increase downtime.
Key benefits of network monitoring
Round-the-clock network monitoring by an MSSP offers several benefits. However, some of the significant ones are:
- Setting network standards – The network load and working capacity are more or less the same unless something new is being implemented. If there is no such development and there is a fluctuation in the network load, it points to a technical issue in the network.
The technical team is immediately alerted and the expert crew deals with the snag.
- Effective resource allocation – Every department depends on the company’s network to perform normally so that they can work as planned.
But if a sudden network disruption occurs, the IT team would have to divert their critical resources to reduce the potential downtime. With a proactive approach, MSPs help prevent such a situation from happening.
- Manage a dynamic IT environment – With more and more devices getting added to business networks every day, keeping track of them is necessary to spot any abrupt changes in network usage.
With continuous network monitoring, a comprehensive inventory can be maintained to ensure optimum use of available assets.
- Detecting security threats – We are all aware that cyber threats have become more sophisticated with advancing technology and expanding networks.
A Managed security service partner diagnoses and mitigates any network threat that may rise to critical levels if not handled swiftly.
- Deploying new technologies and upgrades – Regular network monitoring allows IT teams to analyze trends and determine whether the current network infrastructure would withstand the launch of new technology.
Gaining insights into the company’s network’s history enables businesses to reduce any risks that may arise from implementing any upgrades.
Primary areas covered under network security
Although network monitoring is a broad field, some of the prominent areas of focus are
- Endpoint protection – MSPs ensure that the customers’ devices are equipped to deal with any new vulnerability that may strike the network.
- Firewall – The first pillar of defensive measures needs to be powerful enough to shield the business network from incoming cyber-attacks attempting to access private company data.
- Vulnerability monitoring – Apart from malicious cyber threats, network loopholes pose a potential security risk. Security patches are regularly applied so that they do not escalate.
24-7 network monitoring is crucial for business efficiency and helps maintain overall productivity.
Single Point of Contact stays on top of everything related to cybersecurity and data protection. We are more than just an IT Service Provider. We have a SOC in place that will take swift and thorough action to ensure your business is protected around the clock and to solve any security threats when they occur. Constant monitoring of any network is a requirement nowadays, and we are pleased to provide the most comprehensive security solution to our clients. To learn more about how we can help protect your business from cyber-attacks, contact us today.