Running a business without a solid IT security infrastructure is like driving on the road not expecting another vehicle. It’s just an accident waiting to happen. It’s your luck if you are safe, but not everything should be left to chance. And your IT security falls in that category.
As per studies, more than 40 percent of cyber-attacks are aimed at small businesses and 70 percent of customers will break ties with a company hit by one. These figures highlight the dire need for IT security for a business.
The best way to combat cyber-threats is by having a security operations center (SOC). An even better option is having SOC services delivered by a managed security service provider (MSSP).
BENEFITS OF SOC SERVICES
Here are a few significant ways managed SOC services help small businesses strengthen their security posture.
Save Capital Expenditure
Hiring security personnel to keep an eye on your IT network comes with a heavy price tag. An MSSP provides SOC services for a predictable price that is much less, so you have more of your budget left to spend elsewhere.
Uninterrupted security monitoring is not possible by a team in a small business. However, an MSSP always has a team watching over your IT security round-the-clock.
Instant Expert Assistance
With an MSSP’s SOC services, you get a team of cybersecurity analysts and experts experienced in dealing with present-day’s advanced cyber threats.
Simplify Organizational Security
An in-house team may generate too many alerts and maybe some false positives. An MSSP centralizes all alerts and attends only to those that pose an actual threat.
Fixing a security incident after it happens is old-school now. An MSSP goes threat hunting to stop cyber-attacks from even reaching the business network and mitigate the risk from a security incident that pops on their radar.
SOC services offer the following key features, among others:
- SIEM – Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) is a continuous process of detecting, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents.
- EDR – Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) involves securing every device against cyber threats.
- Compliance – MSSPs help businesses stay up-to-date with industry compliance standards such as NIST, CMMC, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI & DSS.
- Cloud security – Advanced security tools help safeguard the cloud infrastructure of businesses regardless of the perimeter.
- Cybersecurity training – MSSPs provide awareness training to employees to protect themselves from cyber-attacks such as phishing.
Single Point of Contact is a Managed Security Service Provider that offers a wide range of data security and cybersecurity technologies and approaches. Our job is to keep our clients’ networks safe and secure by resolving potential security threats. With regular monitoring, security, and protection against cyber-attacks, we seek to help our clients attain peace of mind. Contact us today to discover more about how we can help protect your business from cyber-attacks.