With the world reeling under the pandemic, cybercriminals have started their quest for greater fish to capture. Their ever-growing greed to sabotage as many businesses as possible has led to an insane amount of cyber-attacks, many of them aimed at small businesses.
As per a market report, over 18 million websites are infected with malware at a given time each week, and that’s just those infected with malware. Add the other cyber threats in the mix, and you’ve got an unimaginable amount of threats and only a few tools or people to help you.
Fortunately, cybersecurity service providers are there to tilt the scales in your favor with SOC (security operations center) services. They provide businesses with the necessary protection against sophisticated cyber threats.
Cybersecurity as a Fundamental Need for Business
Any business infrastructure in today’s digital age is largely dependent on IT services. With growing IT requirements come more vulnerabilities that people with malicious intent can exploit.
Cybersecurity has become a necessary part of a company’s business model. Without a proper security posture in place, you are exposing your organization to dangerous security hazards.
The Top 7
The services by SOC service providers help companies combat advanced cyber threats. Here are a few noteworthy benefits of managed cybersecurity services:
- Save time – Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) providing cybersecurity services help reduce the workload of a company’s workforce by undertaking the complete responsibility of its IT security. This frees up time on an employee’s daily schedule to focus on other important matters.
- Lower expenditure – Outsourcing the cybersecurity requirements costs much less than maintaining an internal team for the same. This helps you save precious dollars that you can invest in other business initiatives.
- Experts at your service – SMBs may not have an in-house team or the resources to hire one to handle complex security situations. An MSSP team is always prepared for the most complicated security incidents riding on top of their experience and knowledge.
- Turnkey solutions – The security solutions by MSSPs can mostly be implemented with minimal customization according to the overall business operations. This ensures that there are no disruptions.
- 24-7 availability – The most vital merit of a Managed Security Service Provider is that they can provide uninterrupted service, unlike an internal team that needs to take a rest at some point of the day.
- Compliance management – Making a business’s IT department complaint with the industry regulations is one of the primary responsibilities of an MSP. MSPs can help your firm comply with frameworks such as NIST, CMMC, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI & DSS to protect confidential data.
- Vulnerability assessment – Managed Security Service Providers adopt a proactive approach to spot the loopholes in a company’s IT architecture. This approach helps prevent future successful cyber-attacks.
The reasons mentioned above make it perfectly clear why cybersecurity services are necessary for small and mid-size businesses.
Single Point of Contact is a Managed Security Service Provider that provides a wide range of cybersecurity technologies and services. Our job is to keep our clients’ network safe and secure by resolving potential security threats. With regular security monitoring, and protection against cyber-attacks, we seek to help our clients attain peace of mind. Contact us today to discover more about how we can help protect your network from cyber-attacks.