There is nothing more disastrous for an emerging IT organization than downtime. With multiple clients depending on you for continuous support, you cannot even afford a minute of downtime. You must ensure 24/7 IT accessibility to retain your clients. One way is by having an in-house team (costly) while another is by outsourcing your IT requirements to a white label managed IT firm (recommended).
In this blog, we’ll see
- What factors can cause downtime?
- What are the adverse effects of downtime?
- How white label MSPs help mitigate their dangers?
Some Primary Reasons for Downtime
Your IT business’s downtime can be attributed to one of the following factors:
- Hardware or network failure – Devices like servers and switches that connect the entire IT infrastructure of your business are critical to smooth operations. If they go down, the entire network is out.
- Third-party service debacle – If you have outsourced a particular IT service to a third-party, failure on their service part can cause downtime for your IT firm.
- Software issues – Your IT business can also suffer from downtime if business-critical software stops working. If your company uses traditional software or hasn’t updated software in a long time, this is a possibility.
What are the Repercussions of Downtime?
While downtime may not affect large enterprises significantly, it can cause massive damage to small IT businesses, sometimes irreparable.
Firstly, your business will suffer from financial losses for every minute of downtime ($5,600 per minute on average, as per Gartner).
Secondly, your IT company’s reputation will take a serious hit. When you miss client project deadlines or fail to deliver tech support, clients may not trust you with their future projects.
How to Prevent Downtime: Five Ways
- Remote monitoring – Constant monitoring of IT networks allows for proactive diagnostics and real-time issue resolutions, reducing downtime.
- Vulnerability testing – Detecting the weak points in your IT infrastructure before hackers get a whiff of them can protect your IT firm’s network and systems from being breached and going down for hours or days.
- Endpoint protection – Protecting employee and user devices like smartphones, laptops, tablets, and systems using enterprise-grade security can safeguard your IT network from security lapses.
- Risk assessment – This process assesses risks to critical assets and processes so that IT business owners can look for contemporary solutions to safeguard their operations from potential risks.
- Penetration testing – Also known as simulated cyber-attacks, penetration testing is a great method used by cybersecurity firms and teams to identify the exploitable loopholes in an IT firm’s infrastructure.
Connect with Our Experts
Single Point of Contact is one of the largest comprehensive White Label Managed IT Service Providers in North America. Founded in 1999, we have a proactive approach to information technology (IT) solutions and security services, which gives our clients the freedom to focus on their business instead of worrying about their clients’ networks. We’re qualified to assist with all phases of IT management, security, cloud solutions, procurement services, and complex projects. To learn more about how our services can benefit your IT organization, don’t hesitate to contact us today.